Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Goodbye Sex, Hello Sexting?


It is absolutely amazing how networking and the new digital generation has changed the meaning of characteristics within our lives. From privacy, writing, literature, relationships and friendships. All the meanings have changes, to which what meanings are left? What is the meaning of sexting? Okay let me elaborate. My friend has been dating this guy for about a year, however she was "sexting" with her ex-boyfriend. Sexting? Hmm okay well i will try not to offened incase anyone else takes part, personally i dont understand haha. But i'm told its texting back and forth sexual comments or intentions? Okay so her boyfriend found them. And accused her of cheating. Where do we draw the line? It is actual cheating? What do we define as unfaithful now? Clearly it is not just physically touching one another anymore. Does that mean the meaning of adultry must be re-written?

3 comments:

  1. Good post, I never really thought about changing the definition of adultery. I think we have to though; there are those online games too. I know if my boyfriend felt more of a connection with someone online or was sexting someone else I would be totally unimpressed. I wonder what meanings have stayed the same, if any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Pound was saying the other day how some guy was having an online sexual encounter or something and then got a real life divorce because of his "infidelity."
    It is just crazy how nothing seems to hold solidity anymore. I guess in that situation, if you are with someone then you would have to set up your own boundaries so you don't have any ambiguous lines as to what's allowed and what's not. I think it would be the same thing for any relationship, but an extreme could be a relationship that participates in such things as orgy's, pardon my vulgarity. Or I know people who like having an experimental relationship with their significant other; where they can be with other people, but they set up their own rules, such as "no sex, strictly foreplay."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post!

    ReplyDelete