Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How Will I Awake the Meaning Behind the Mythical Sleeping Giant?

When we recieved our second assignment regarding the story of the Sleeping Giant, I was very excited! I do not know about any of you, but I personally grew up camping annually with my family at Sibley, and by doing so heard many different stories involving the Giant and Silver Ilet. In fact, I biked and hiked the Giant himself, which I find connects me to the assignment when I've stood on it. Also, Silver Ilet is one of my favourite Thunder Bay tourists spots! (I've enclosed a picture of my friends and I making our annual trip there: hence the gorgeous lake background)On a hot summer day, the water sparkles a miraculous green colour. If you have not been to this local spot, I suggest you do so. For my description really does not justify it's beauty. Now enough of my outdoors rant, the topic is exciting however I feel like it will also be very challenging. Normally I'm used to taking general idea's, and narrowing them down, whereas this assignment is quite opposite. It will be difficult to take a particular idea and expand it on a general level. Though I am up for the challenge. I actually recieved a useful message in my church service last sunday that I'm applying to this, where we talked about how being "comfortable" can be a bad thing. It is when you make yourself "uncomfortable" that you test yourself, and that that is when you achieve success, outside that "comfort" zone. So although the task of this assignment makes me "uncomfortable" it's a great thing!!! That's all for now, see you all in class!!!

1 comment:

  1. I realize now that I was following anonymously so I changed my status.. don't worry,I have been your faithful follower all along haha...
    Side note: You were complaining about your lack of followers.. but I found one.. thought I`d let you know :).. http://acquaintancewithletters.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete